The Women’s Business Development Center is a proud partner of Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses at City Colleges of Chicago. The program is a $500 million investment designed to help local small business owners create jobs and economic opportunity by providing them with greater access to business education, financial capital and business support services.
Goldman Sachs has already executed this successful business growth program in Houston, Long Beach, Los Angeles, New Orleans and New York City. Watch this 5 minute video on the program’s launch in Chicago and how it has assisted business owners in these other cities.
The WBDC is excited to assist Goldman Sachs in recruiting qualified applicants for the first class of Chicago program participants. Qualified applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be the owner or co-owner of the business
- Business in operation for at least two years
- Business revenues in tax year 2010 must be between $150,000 and $4 million
- Business with a minimum of 4 employees
Selected participants will attend a free 11-session business development program, which will meet from January-May 2012, every other Friday, from 8:30am – 5:30pm, and commit to an additional 6-8 hours per week of out of class activities. The program will also give the businesses opportunities and tools to position themselves to access capital.
Applications are being accepted through Wednesday, October 26, 2011, and interviews for selected finalists will be held in December 2011.
For more information and to apply, please visit www.ccc.edu/10KSB. To protect your privacy and financial information, the WBDC strongly advises submitting the application package in person at Harold Washington College.
Still have questions? Attend one of the WBDC’s upcoming information sessions on the program where you can learn more about the process and find out how the WBDC can help you with the application. Sessions will be held:
- October 11, 2011, 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. at Illinois Institute of Technology, Schultz Auditorium, 10 W. 35th Street, Chicago, IL 60616
- October 12, 2011, 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. at the WBDC, 8 S. Michigan Avenue, 4th Floor, Chicago, IL 60603
- October 14, 2011, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at Allstate, 2775 Sanders Road, E6, Northbrook, IL 60062
Visit the WBDC website for more information and to register online.
UPDATE 10/11/11: Goldman Sachs will hold three application information workshops at the following City Colleges of Chicago:
- October 11th at 6:00 p.m. at Truman College, 1145 West Wilson Avenue, Room 146.
- October 18th at 6:00 p.m. at Richard J. Daley College, 7500 South Pulaski Road, Room 1205
- October 20th at 6:00 p.m. at Olive-Harvey College, 10001 South Woodlawn Avenue, Room 1205
Sessions are free, and no registration is necessary.