As the Women’s Business Development Center (WBDC) continues to expand our Access to Capital Program we are focused on extending services through direct lending and the development of online/on-demand course offerings. Whether your business is in the city of Chicago or throughout our nine state Midwest region, we strive to provide your business with a strong financial foundation.
The WBDC’s online/on-demand educational platform will be launched in spring 2013. Ingage Partners, a Certified WBE company, partnering with TiER1 Performance Solutions has been selected to assist the WBDC in implementing this new system. The first course, Take the Mystery out of Finance, will be offered in both Spanish and English and cover the basics of finance for your business. The WBDC selected this course as the launching pad for our online education because we know how important business financial literacy is in running a successful business.
In the interim we have put together a list of useful, easy to use tools to help manage your financials from your computer, tablet or smartphone. Take a look and let us know which ones you have used.
- Wallstreet Journal Excel Shortcuts: Simply put, these cheat sheets
- help navigate running your finances through Excel, particularly useful when utilizing the WBDC’s Financial Projections Excel spreadsheet.
- InDinero: Access and manage your books, file your taxes and take care of payroll on multiple devices through a secure connection. Plus, the company was founded by a woman – Jessica Mah.
- Intuit’s GoPayment: Allows you to accept payments anywhere, from anyone with no transaction fees. Be careful to read the full details, as there are costs associated, but at least the app and cancellation are free.
- LightSpeed Retail Inc.: A virtual, portable hub to keep track of sales and inventory, create invoices and print receipts.
- MIT Entrepreneurship Open Courses: While this isn’t an app, it is a great resource for free online entrepreneurial education.
What do you use to manage your business finances? Have you tried any tools that simply do not work? Let us know!